Sunday, September 20, 2015

Teamwork!!

So I must admit that last year I did a terrible job with my posts. They were very few and far between and I did not at all reach my goal of one post a week. This year I fully plan to reach my goal and keep this promise to myself. One post a week for the remainder of the year! I really want to keep my parents involved in the classroom this year and allow them to see all the great things we are doing. So with that here is post number one for the actual school year.

We've had a great start to our year and I am really excited about the group of students I have. It's funny but I actually went to high school with many of their parents (really am I that old??). I really wanted to try and start the year with a strong bond with my kids and earn their trust. Teamwork is my big word this year and I hope that my kids are just as excited about our team as I am. We started talking about the goals of our team, their goals, my goals, class goals, and we started jotting some things down on post its. I had all the students put their post its on the board and then together we made a t-chart listing all the things they could do to help us reach our goals and all the things I could do to help us reach our goals. I must say that I am truly impressed with their thoughts! I mean look at that t-chart!! Awesome thoughts from my awesome kids! Stay tuned as our year progresses and as we reach some of the goals we have set!

No comments:

Post a Comment