Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Read For The Record!

Today the nation took part in "Read For The Record". Schools and classrooms across the country read the book "Bunny Cakes". I decided that I would incorporate this into our instruction for the week. We have been discussing the reading strategy visualization and how it can help you determine or infer different character traits. I played a reading of the story on the computer and only allowed the students to listen. They were not allowed to see the pictures. They had to visualize the characters, their actions and their dialogue. I asked them to draw a picture of what they visualized and to write down character traits they determined from the visualization. THEY DID AWESOME! I was so impressed with how quickly they picked up this skill and how great they executed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment